FTSR Teamspeak Info
At Full Throttle Sim Racing, we use a voice chat program called Teamspeak to communicate while not in the game and during broadcast races. While this is never mandated to participate, all members must have a headset and mic and must be able to communicate using the in-game voice chat feature. To connect to our teamspeak, please follow the directions below:
1. Download Teamspeak - https://www.teamspeak.com/en/downloads.html#client
(You will only need the client version, 32 bit or 64 bit depending on your operating system)
2. Install the Teamspeak program - Double-click the program and follow the instructions. Once you have installed and accepted the terms, you will be prompted to create a profile. This is not necessary and is optional.
3. Connect to the FTSR Teamspeak - To connect to the FTSR server, you will need to click "Connections" at the top left of the window and then click "Connect". This will open another window. You will need to enter the IP and Password for the FTSR server. Below you will find the information:
Server Address: 18.104.22.168:40191
Nickname: "Your First and Last name" (Easier to identify you if you use your correct name)
Once you have entered this information, click connect. You should enter the server in the lobby. You can then double-click any channel to move to a channel.
4. Bookmark FTSR - Once have connected to the FTSR server, click on "Bookmarks" at the top of the window and choose "Add to Bookmarks". It should populate all the info you have entered into the window. Click "Ok" and the window will close. Next time you go to enter the server, you can click "Bookmarks" and the dropdown menu should have a bookmark labeled "FULL THROTTLE SIM RACING". You can simply click there and will automatically be connected with your name.
5. Set a Push-to-Talk Key and Options - To speak in Teamspeak, you will need to set your push to talk hotkey. To do so, click the "Tools" menu and choose "Options" at the bottom of the menu. In the next screen, choose "Capture on the left side. Then select the "Push-to-talk" option. Click where it says "No hotkey assigned" and assign a key to push to talk. You can also set your capture device here. To set your playback device, choose "Playback" on the same menu all the way to the left. There are many other options here as well to change to your preference. Once finished, Click "OK" or "Apply" and close.
6. Finished - Enjoy the laughs and conversations with the guys from FTSR. Connect to a channel and let the fun begin!
Note: While Teamspeak is never required to participate, it is a great way to get to know the members, chat about things, communicate with others privately or just hang out with the members while playing other games or doing other things. We strongly suggest this to get to know the members and to become part of the community. Please be respectful and minimize the use of derogatory and foul language while in the server.